The Internet of People Event will take place on December 15, 2016, in Eindhoven, The Netherlands.
The conference will focus on the following topics:
- Interaction between things and humans
- The Human Internet vs the Machine Internet
- People as peripherals
- Big Data; New open standards for personal data
- Social impact of connected devices
- Internet of Brain
- Security and Privacy
- Ethical issues
- Cloud intelligence
- Cognitive computing
- Wearable Technology and Application
- Technology developments: Human body signal collection/ Biometric Sensors/ Improved human interface
What is Internet of People (IoP)?
IoP = IoT + the ’WOW’ factor, The Human
In the following years we will see an entirely new Internet emerging, as the Internet unleashes itself from the creators’ intentions and develops in transformative ways. Humans are shaping the future of this new human Internet.
When things get smarter, how do humans and things cooperate?
- Can sensors, cloud intelligence and humans make it possible to do things differently?
- How will smart things change our private life, sociale life, experience and workflow of the job we do in the real world?
- How will we interact with our direct environment, and how will the direct environment interact with us?
- How will the city we live in transform, and what are the consequences for us.
- We are at the forefront of autonomous devices. Nowadays there are many “halfway house” IoT applications, which use humans for one or more parts of the entire system. Is it possible to create a mathematical model of “humanity”? Can we provide a model with enough data so it creates an algorithm that can reliably predict our decisions? What are the ethical and privacy implications?
- The digital you is becoming more and more important. Organisations study your behaviour to make better decisions about you, based on better predictions on how you will behave. We can’t stop our data from flowing into predictive models. But where do we draw the line between the evolution of technology and privacy?
The Internet of People Event conference will answer these questions, aiming to help you think systematically about the future from the human perspective, in other words the SMART SOCIETY, while embracing the new technologies that combine to produce new capacities for productivity, connectivity and communication.
We will debate the way our increasingly digitized society develops to ensure it provides the maximum benefits for people, businesses and society.